Bricks 4 Kidz deliver STEM based workshops through LEGO® to primary schools during Science Week.
Science Week is a nationwide festival of Science which provides students with an opportunity to develop their interest in Science through a series of informative and fun activities. Science week is a prime opportunity for students to explore the relationship between Science and everyday life.
When is Science Week?
Science week will run from Sunday November 11th until Sunday November 18th 2018.
What happens in a Bricks 4 Kidz Science Week Workshop?
- We Learn: The Bricks 4 Kidz tutors will deliver a 10 minute themed lesson about Science.
- We Build: Students work collaboratively to build LEGO® models of the concepts discussed during the presentation.
- We Play: Students can explore their creativity during the free play time at the end of each workshop.
Science Foundation Ireland
The purpose of Science Foundation Ireland Discover Centres is to support schools with engaging in Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) education inside and outside of the classroom in a curriculum relevant and enquiry based way. As a Science Foundation Ireland accredited Discover Centre, Bricks 5 Kidz LEGO® Technic workshops and outreach programmes can be utilised by schools to gain credits towards their Science Foundation Ireland Discover Science and Maths Awards.
Bricks 4 Kidz deliver STEM based workshops through LEGO® to primary schools during Science Week. Why choose a Bricks 4 Kidz Science Week Workshop?
- Each workshop is age appropriate and tailored to the specific curriculum objectives for each class
- Bricks 4 Kidz will provide Garda Vetted tutors to deliver the Science workshops in the classroom
- The LEGO® bricks, Technic and lesson plan for each Science workshop will be provided by Bricks 4 Kidz
- All workshops are one hour in duration and each child will receive a ‘take-home’ sheet from Bricks 4 Kidz, which can be provided to parents to explain what their child learned during the workshop
If you would like Bricks 4 Kidz to work with your school, contact us today!
- Noel Doyle
- Imagination House
- Anne Street
- Wexford Town
- Co. Wexford